Indie Hackers Alfred Workflow
June 12, 2018
Browse and Search Indie Hackers Posts from Alfred
This is an Alfred Workflow that allows you to easily see the top posts from Indie Hackers*. I wanted an easy way to check out the latest posts, so I created this workflow since I’m a heavy user of Alfred for all things automation.
The Alfred Workflow
Created using the wonderful Alfy from Sindre Sorhus.
The Backend Service
A simple micro service using ’micro’, deployed on Zeit.
- Uses async/await
- node-fetch used to make requests to the external site
- cheerio for the loading the content and grabbing the right HTML nodes
- Simple cache based on a timer, so many requests will be memoized and served from memory rather than making a request to the external site for every request to the service; cache expires after a configurable amount of time
*Note: Not directly affiliated with the Indie Hackers site itself, just an Indie Hacker community member here scratching my own itch.
- Hi, I'm a Senior Software Engineer living in
sunny 🌨 Buffalo!
- I'm an 🕸 Interweb & 🚀 Aerospace Enthusiast.
- I like to build 👨🏼💻, and design 👨🎨, sketch 🖌 things. A lot.
- I speak in 🦄 🌈 🎉 emojis and gifs 📷
sometimes all the time.